I became an e-resident in Estonia to join the Baltic digital pioneers. The former soviet republics Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania have turned themselves into some of the most tech-savvy, digitally focused governments in Europe. They address the market opportunity of the European digital single market.
When there is more brain than budget – you may find yourself in the #baltics.
Great forward thinking and operations with a decent commitment to technology
About – e-Estonia and e-residents
The Republic of Estonia is the first country to offer e-Residency — a transnational digital identity available to anyone in the world interested in administering a location-independent business online. e-Residency additionally enables secure and convenient digital services that facilitate credibility and trust online.
- Digitally sign documents and contracts
- Verify the authenticity of signed documents
- Encrypt and transmit documents securely
- Establish an Estonian company online. A physical address in Estonia is required to establish an Estonian company but may be obtained via an external service provider.
- Administer the company from anywhere in the world.
- Conduct e-banking and remote money transfers. Establishing an Estonian bank account currently requires one in-person meeting at the bank. E-residents are not guaranteed bank accounts and may establish them at the sole discretion of our banking partners.
- Access online payment service providers
- Declare Estonian taxes online. e-Residency does not automatically establish tax residency.
Reasons for e-Estonia
- Location-independent EU company.
Become an e-resident, start a location-independent EU company remotely then run it online from anywhere, as well as access all the tools needed to easily conduct business globally
- Easy company formation in Estonia
Assistance with e-Residency and incorporation in Estonia.
- Legal address for your Estonian company and accounting services.
Virtual office services, Legal address in Estonia, Virtual secretary and call answering, Bookkeeping, Mail receiving, and forwarding, Assistance package, e-Residency in Estonia, Market analysis, Market development. Partner search, Research
A potential initial coin offering from Estonia
In a blog post published on December 18, Estonia’s e-Residency program managing director Kaspar Korjus outlined three use cases for its proposed national cryptocurrency “estcoin”
- The first use case for the estcoin would be as a “community” token. “The community estcoin would be structured to support the objective of growing our new digital nation by incentivizing more people around the world to apply for and make greater use of e-Residency,” wrote Korjus. “This includes encouraging investors and entrepreneurs to use e-Residency as their platform for trusted ICO activity.”
- The second use case would be an “identity estcoin.” In this case, the cryptocurrency would allow members of the e-Residency society to do such things as digitally sign documents or log into services safely and securely. These tokens could not be sold or traded — they would be inextricably linked to their owners.
- The third use case is the most controversial. The “euro estcoin” would have a value linked to that of the euro, the fiat currency used in Estonia. Korjus claims this estcoin wouldn’t be an alternative to the euro, the creation of which is currently prohibited for any nation within the euro zone, but would instead be a token that combines cryptocurrency’s advantages with the stability of fiat currency.
Read more on World Economic Forum