As an eResident, I can start a location-independent EU company remotely, run it online from anywhere, as well as access all the tools needed to easily conduct business globally. Legal address for your Estonian company and accounting services. Combined with our German C-Level and Mobile Expert Network we can start and scale new organizations faster and with more control. Our market analysis and business development are the perfect compliments when going to market in the European Union with a connected service.
The Republic of Estonia is the first country to offer e-Residency — a transnational digital identity available to anyone in the world interested in administering a location-independent business online. e-Residency additionally enables secure and convenient digital services that facilitate credibility and trust online
Estonia is regarded as one of the world’s most advanced digital nation. Anybody who wishes to start a business in Estonia can become an eResident and get a so-called e-residency to access all electronic services offered by the government. E-residency provides the possibility to establish a company online, manage it remotely and achieve location independence. The E-Residency program saves time you would otherwise have spent on bureaucracy, tax authorities, and incorporation. Although there are obvious benefits to incorporating your cryptocurrency business in Estonia, it is important to consider the legal and compliance obligations. Incorporating your business is a major decision which should be well planned and for which advice should be sought from professionals.
I became an eResident in Estonia to join the Baltic digital pioneers, and thousands of digital nomads from all around the world. Considering the eResident movement as a milestone in our journey to decentralized organizations, often considered as the superior organization model. The former Soviet republics Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania have turned themselves into some of the most tech-savvy, digitally focused governments in Europe. They address the market opportunity of the European digital single market.
When there is more brain than budget – you may find yourself in the #baltics.
About the eResident program
The Republic of Estonia is the first country to offer e-Residency — a transnational digital identity available to anyone in the world interested in administering a location-independent business online. e-Residency additionally enables secure and convenient digital services that facilitate credibility and trust online.
- Digitally sign documents and contracts
- Verify the authenticity of signed documents
- Encrypt and transmit documents securely
- Establish an Estonian company online. A physical address in Estonia is required to establish an Estonian company but may be obtained via an external service provider.
- Administer the company from anywhere in the world.
- Conduct e-banking and remote money transfers. Establishing an Estonian bank account currently requires one in-person meeting at the bank. E-residents are not guaranteed bank accounts and may establish them at the sole discretion of our banking partners.
- Access online payment service providers
- Declare Estonian taxes online. e-Residency does not automatically establish tax residency.
As an eResident, I can start a location-independent EU company remotely, run it online from anywhere, as well as access all the tools needed to easily conduct business globally. Legal address for your Estonian company and accounting services.
Steps for registering a company:
- Contact a service provider to get a legal address in Estonia. Work in progress for quicker and more cost-efficient possibilities how to get the required address.
- Register a company online at the Company Registration Portal
Administer the company online
- Company e-administration from anywhere around the world
- No need to hire and trust a local director or representative (unless you want to!)
- Declaring taxes online saves your time and money
Steps for administering company:
- Manage company online in e-Business Register
- Declare taxes at the e-Tax Board
- Use state provided online accounting software (2018 Estonia only)
Digitally sign documents and contracts
- Contracts can be digitally signed and sent to partners within minutes
- All internal documents can be signed digitally (e.g. reports)
- No need to pay for sending documents via expensive international couriers
- A digital signature provides a higher level of security compared to a handwritten signature
Steps for signing documents digitally:
- Download free DigiDoc software for digital signature
- Find the ID-card reader in the e-Residency starting kit and plug it to your computer
- Sign documents using the DigiDoc software
- E-mail digitally signed documents to your partner to sign it also