The European Union as a whole is the largest economy in the world. Covering 7.3% of the world population, the European Union in 2016 generated a nominal gross domestic product (GDP) of 16.477 trillion US dollars, constituting approximately 22.2% of global nominal GDP. Click and enjoy the little interactive quizzes.
The European Union is one community – made up of 28 different states and dozens of regions with different cultures and traditions. This diversity sometimes makes Europe complicated, but it also makes it colorful, interesting and full of ideas. European integration must, therefore, be about cross-fertilization, but not homogenization. Regulators are heavily focused on the EU’s Digital Single Market initiative that aims to create an open market where all EU residents have equal access to digital goods and services from across the EU’s member states. This would allow EU residents to find better shopping deals offered in other EU countries and use their preferred digital devices and services in different states at no extra cost. Tackling geo-blocking is a key part of this initiative that could encourage more cross-border online shopping.
- European Union law / Find EU treaties, legislation, case-law, how EU law is made and applied
- Documents and publications / Find official documents, publications, statistics, open data and more resources
- Working & traveling in the EU / Information on your rights to live, work, travel and study in another EU country, including access to healthcare and consumer rights
- Business in the European Union / Information on taxes, customs, importing and exporting goods, financial support for businesses
- About the European Union / The EU in brief, institutions and bodies, countries, symbols, history, facts and figures
- The European Union by topic / Information on agriculture, business, culture, health, etc.
Reasons for Doing Business in Germany in 2018 January 16, 2018
Target Market Sizing December 12, 2017
Germany Reclaims #1 Country Ranking 2017 November 16, 2017